What you need to know
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Yankton, South Dakota, area, here is what you need to know before starting your search. Reach out to me with any additional questions!
3 Steps to Buying a Home
Whether you're a first-time homebuyer or moving into a new house for sale in Yankton, here are three steps to buying a home:
- Contact an Experienced Realtor: Don't just call anyone to start the home buying process. Give me a call at 605-215-1776 today or use my online contact form to submit any questions you might have. I have the experience and knowledge to get your questions answered.
- Begin House Hunting: Send me a wishlist of home location and features you're interested in, and I will help you search for your dream home.
- Close the Deal: Now that you've found your home it's time to close! I will help you make an offer, get an inspection, and more.
Guide to Buying Your First Home
Are you looking for your first home? It can be a daunting task. To make it easier, here is my guide to buying your first home:
- Watch the Market: Find homes in your price range and monitor how long it is taking them to sell.
- Gather Your Paperwork: This includes tax returns from the last two years, bank statements from the last three months and current pay stubs.
- Check Your Credit Score
- Get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage
- Determine Your Housing Needs: Create a wishlist of what your dream home looks like.
- Contact a Trusted Real Estate Agent: I am here to help! Give me a call or fill out an online form to contact me.
3 Tips for Selling a Pet Friendly Home
If you have a pet and are looking to sell your home, here are tips on how to keep your property clean for potential buyers:
- Relocate Your Pet During an Open House
- Eliminate Pet Odor
- Get Rid of Pet Hair and Stains
Home Selling Mistakes to Avoid
Are you selling your home? Here are the most common home-selling mistakes to avoid when selling your home in Yankton:
- Your Asking Price is too High: Setting the right asking price on your own is challenging. You don’t it to be too low or too high. Contact me to help you get the asking price right.
- Ignoring Home Repairs: Home repairs increase the value of your property. Taking the time to paint or fix an issue is well worth it when it comes to selling.
- Not Having Insurance: Homeowner's insurance is very important, especially when selling a home. If you don't have it and a prospective buyer has an accident at your home that results in injury, you could be sued.
- Being Unaware of Selling Expenses: When selling your home, you may run into some expenses. These could include home inspection repairs, staging costs, seller concessions, a share of the closing costs and agent commissions.